Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's been a good week! OK, a great week!

First, I had to renew my driver's license and since I was driving past the place AND had fixed my hair that morning (something I only do if I going to more than just the post office or grocery store) I decided that it would be a good time to get it over with. Usually it's not a fun experience, the women there are overworked and underloved and never hardly crack a smile, so sitting there grinning like a loon at the "look here" sign is hard to do. Well, I lucked out- the place was nearly empty and they had to time to goof around. Not only did we get a really good photo, we had fun doing it. Turns out, they said, don't come in on Monday or Friday or in the afternoon because the lighting is bad then with the sun ripping in the big window and we'd all look like vampires, all pale and icky. lol So Tuesday mornings- they're perfect! Now I'm set for the next 4 years with a really nice DL photo, yay! How many of you can say that, huh? :)

Then yesterday, I found out that I won a drawing from the lovely and gracious Jodie of RicRac! She's going to put together a show-bag of her patterns and things after her big show is over in Melbourne, Australia. No offense Jodie, but I hope you have a few good things left when all is said and done! I know you, and I know how popular you and your products are and I seriously doubt that you'll have ANYTHING left! Jodie designs THE cutest little dolls/softies/robots/animals, etc and has such a knack with them. And she is a wonderful photographer, too, and has quite the sense of humor. I just am so grateful and excited to be her winner. Woot! The link to her blog that I gave you above is to part 1 of her 5 part story of Ernst, the most wonderful turtle you'd ever hope to meet. Be sure to seek out all the parts, trust me- it's worth it.

And just so you don't think I've been sitting around doing nothing but admiring my DL photo and gloating, I finished up a placemat for my swap partner, Sudi-Laura. We agreed on a beach theme with colors and wonky and wild, so here's just a peek at part of it. It's all done and on it's way to Massachusetts as we speak. After she gets it, I'll show the rest of it.


Ya'll have a great week!

5 comments:

Dena said...

I love the colors in the placemat you made for your swap partner. Can't wait to see the who design.

Lynz said...

Beach, wonky and wild? SO YOU!!! And I don't believe you about the DL photie. Proof please!! *grins*

Laura said...

Too funny about the DL photo! Ours are good for 15 years, so if you get a bad one, you are stuck for a looooong time. I had a great one taken in 1994 and then they made me get rid of it last year. Poo on them. Why does it matter that I don't even have the same hair color or style? Thankfully I got another decent photo since I'm stuck with this one until 2034!

sallgood said...

Not many people can say they had a good time at the DL office! I think YOU bring your own sunshine wherever you go! :D

Susan R said...

Hey girl ~ I think your aura was on full blast the day of the photo. You have a way of bringing joy wherever you go, even the DMV!! You are something special that's for sure!

Congrats on your win, and I love the peak at the placemat (lots of bright beautiful colors). I know your partner will love it.

Susan