Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It can happen in an instant!

One minute you're minding your own business and the next- BANG! You're a victim of a drive-by!


I'm working a new quilt, or what may become 2 quilts- hexagons. This is another quilt-along over at Flickr, at the Old Red Barn Company group. This one is being taught by Julie at jaybird quilts. I decided to do a stash-busting one using fabrics I had on hand, so I thought a black/white with brights sounded good and summery.


Due to the nature of these triangles, half are predominantly black/white and the other half are mostly a bright fabric. They don't mix well with this layout that I've chosen, so I will probably make 2 different quilts, one like this, mostly black and white with little bits of color, above.....


......and another like this one, mostly brights with little bits of black/white.

I was having a great time making up more triangles and working them into each layout, when suddenly- the beast came from out of nowhere and plundered the layouts. Ack! Then she came back to admire her handiwork.


It was exhausting work, too.

A nap on the fabric hutch (where all good things come from) was in order. Oh, a life of crime- it'll flat wear a girl out!

17 comments:

Lynz said...

*in sappy voice* Where's my girl? Where's my girl?! There she is! My clever wee girl!! Who's a cutie? WHO is a cutie?!? You are! Yes, you!!! *scratches under Parker's chin* Not you, Floss, the cat!

I am totally feelin' that black and white affair, BTW. I KNOW you love the bright - and it's a pretty one, too - but the b&w with a splash is smokin'!!

P.S. My WV is gardi! You need to gardi your floors better!!

Darling Millie said...

Millie loves to do this. I call it The Slip and Slide Game.

Leslie said...

naughty kitty!!! the colors look aweseome

Heidi said...

Our little dog likes to lay on quilts I am tring to pin baste on the floor - nearly always picks the spot to lay down where I need to put the next pin. The layouts look great, I especially like the black and white with spots of color!

carol said...

Looks like she's having just as much fun as you are. LOL

Laura said...

Yep, can't turn your back for an instant! They're sneaky little devils :-).

Lori said...

I love your project! The colors are really wonderful.
Kitties can be so naughty but what would we do without them:)

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Oh man! That last shot is priceless!!

I am loving your hexie quilt. And I look forward to seeing what final arrangement you decide on!

WendyLou said...

Oh no!! Looks like the perfect excuse for a new design wall :)

Dena said...

She was just putting her signature of approval on your design. lol

Heidi said...

Justin and I were walking back from getting our mail at the community mail box. All of a sudden a car drives by and a dog pops his head out the passenger window and barks at us. Justin stated we were victims of a Bark-By :)

Rafael's Mum said...

Love that last shot! That's you told off then! No doubt you put a stop to that lovely little game... game wrecker!! ;-)

Susan R said...

Oh my gosh! I almost lost my coffee all over my computer screen!! Don't you just love that little NP? Too funny. It looks like she wants to be a quilt designer too. What great pictures.

I love the colors; I'm fascinated with what you can do with a simple triangle. I really must break out of my box, I am lagging behind in my quilting ideas! LOL

Susan

Poppyprint said...

One more reason I will never have a cat. Well, that and my allergies!! Looks like she had a ball there, the little minx. Both those layouts will look amazing. The yawn photo - too much!!!

Pip said...

Hi we comes over from Millie's.
This is great work, both the quilts (we likes the B&W with a splash best too.) and the Parker redesign.
Now I not wants to get Parker in trouble, but she looks a little like she's laffing in that last picshur.
TK

Trudi said...

LOL Flossie! are you sure she was yawning and not laughing?!!!!

sandandstarfish said...

ok so i'm not be any means a "cat person" but i love yours. can i come over and just watch them? i'll give them some catnip too :)