Sunday, July 22, 2012

Star Wars bitties and Bizbee's into everything!

 This little guy is so funny and so BUSY!  He's at the stage where he's destructive and stubborn and getting into lots of trouble.  Dashing out the door when he gets the chance and just generally being a pain.  Then he gets sleepy and cuddly and all is forgiven.  :)


He's a great yawner, too. 


 I got done with my August bee bitty blocks early- the theme Kandra wants is Stars Wars so I made her a Death Star.....


 ...and Princess Leia.  I had some newsprint fabric and I wanted to make it look like Princess Leia was in the newspaper, but I didn't have enough room to pull that off.  So I spliced out some words and made an inspirational quote underneath her, instead.   It says "She Had Neither Fear Nor Doubt of Success".  That was actually referring to Amelia Earhart's Atlantic crossing, but I thought it worked well for this.   This block is 3.5" x 5.5", but Kandra can bring it back down to a 3.5" square simply by removing the black part, if she wants to.  I made a lightsaber out of a toothpick, red paint and gray embroidery floss.  And her belt is made from micro beads.


 My first plan was to make Jabba the Hutt and Yoda, but someone else beat me to it.  Star Wars is not my favorite series, so I had to do a lot of clipart searching and coloring book pages searching to get ideas.

Now it's time to start working on August's bitty blocks for the regular group, I signed up to do 24 Halloween ones.  I started those yesterday.  
I won't say what they are yet, but I vant to bite somezing right now!

Have a great Sunday, people!

3 comments:

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Ooh, I LOVE those blocks! Both of my boys have gone through Stars Wars stages so I know the movies well. The death star block is especially cool...that block would be great as a pillow front!

Cindy Sharp said...

Perfection....the force must be with you.

LimeRiot said...

My goodness, that is one cute kitty!! Baby animals are adorable for a reason... so we don't toss them right out the door for their naughty behavior!

Your Star Wars blocks are fantastic!!