Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Color me flattered- sort of a mention on Pink Chalk Studio's blog-

Pink Chalk Studio did a little blog post round up of the little wallets of Valori Wells and one of mine is in there, amongst many really pretty ones.  It's in the top row, middle.  It even got called out in one of the comments by a lady who really liked the fabrics I used.  All Kaffe Fassett fabrics, of course, that's why she liked them, because they all work so well together. 


The little wallet was an extra I included along with a mug rug for one our swaps.  It's a great little pattern, I've made many of them and given all of them away as gifts, except for the one I use myself.  I like to add a little loop on the side and a lobster clasp so it can be clipped on to something if need be. I use mine to hold all my credit cards and store cards, library card, ID, etc.  I don't carry an actual wallet, just this little one.  My money is in a zipper compartment in my purse so this is just perfect for me. 


This is the mug rug I sent that time- one of my all time favorites.... My partner liked circles a lot. 
Anyway, I just wanted to toot my own horn a little.  Please forgive me!

And I'm going to draft up instructions for the e-reader prop/stand one of these days, for those of you who wanted it.  I just need to get some ducks in a row and get organized, having my husband home everyday, all day, is seriously messing up my sewing schedule.  It's NICE, don't get me wrong, but it's weird.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should toot your horn! The wallet is awesome and I love your mug rug! You should be proud. Can't wait for the tute.

Ursula

Annie said...

I keep looking at those little wallets thinking...not enough space for what I'd need to carry in it. But now, looking at your post, it suddenly hit me that it would be great for a person who receives several "gift cards" as gifts...like my mom! She'd have them all in one place for reference, or for choosing! I'm going to have to grab up that pattern the next time I see it. Thanks for the inspiration Sooz! And that mug rug is still my all-time favorite!